Time passes and everything changes regarding technology. Reportage is exactly the same! In the past, one of the main revenues of newspaper and magazine companies used to be publishing reportage advertisements. Little by little, when the internet blogs took the place of physical magazines, reportage started to be published with the same purpose but on a different platform called website! Nowadays, writing reportage ads to receive quality back-links from ranked websites turn into a popular action which truly have a great effect on increasing website traffic. So, let’s learn more about reportage and ways to optimize it together.
- What does reportage mean in SEO?
- Why reportage is important?
- Golden tips to optimize your reportage + features of a quality reportage
- How much does reportage cost?
- Where to publish my reportage?
What does reportage mean in SEO?
Reportage is a derived French word meaning reporting and is usually used for advertisement through reporting a news or event. If you search it on google translate this sentence will appear: the reporting of news, for the press and the broadcast media.
In SEO reportage is one of the greatest methods of increasing organic traffic on websites. This technique is done by generating content about a specific feature, service or product of another website and introducing the other website indirectly. Let’s make it clearer with an example.
Consider you own a flower shop as well as offering online services through a website. If you ask another website, not necessarily in the same field, to share a content for you and make a back-link to your website, you have required a reportage. This content can be titled like “Best flower for first date”.
Writing a professional reportage can make your brand stick in users’ minds and become your loyal customer. In fact, users trust the website, share a reportage for you, and bring the same trust to your brand.
So, reportage is “Your ad published in the form of images and full descriptions along with the link as an article on another website or magazine.”
Why reportage is important?
As it is an indirect advertisement! That’s the point. You offer the customer a piece of useful information which brings more trust beside following the whole content with passion without thinking about ads. Generally, there are other advantages for publishing reportage:
- Organic traffic increment: where our reportage is published are popular blog websites with thousands of daily visitors. If 50% of them click on your link, boom, hundreds of organic visitors run to you, trustfully.
- Branding: when you are introduced by another popular website, your brand will be more and more noticed.
- SEO improvement: this one needs an additional section explaining what off page SEO means, just know that back-links from another authorized website to your website is such a great valuable parameter in SEO.
What does off-page SEO mean?
All the techniques you do out of the website to improve the value of the website is called off-page SEO. Social media signals, backlinks, mentioning brand name, etc. are common off-page techniques and the most important of them is receiving backlinks from ranked websites. So, reportage can be considered as a way of receiving back-links.
Golden tips to optimize your reportage + features of a quality reportage
Follow the tips below to have a flawless reportage:
- Try to generate contents related to the host website, though it is not essential.
- Find the high ranked websites on Google and try to share the reportage there.
- The backlink is better to be mentioned in the content not the header or the footer of the website.
- Find the best anchor texts to link to your website. (Anchor text is the part of the content you link your website to, highly affects the users to click.) Please, please, please avoid writing click “here” and write the keyword instead.
- Use your brand name in some parts of the content or even in the anchor text. Google loves branding.
- Reportage is an off-page SEO technique but it is better to implement on-page SEO techniques in the reportage content as well. The more the reportage is visited, the more value comes to your website.
- Write an attractive optimized title for the reportage with help of copywriting.
A quality reportage is between 800 to 1200 words length containing about 3 back-links to your website.
How much does reportage cost?
Based on the domain authority and host of the publisher, reportage fee can vary from $10 to hundreds. The point is reportage is a permanent or at least long-term advertisement and it is totally worth it to spend hundreds of dollars per month. When your business grows enough, you can also start sharing reportage as well as having loyal customers.
Where to publish reportage?
Well, it is critical to know where to share the reportage and evaluate whether the cost is worth it or not. Make sure the publisher is having:
- high domain and page authority
- low spam score
- noticeable Alexa rank (measure of website popularity)
- better domain age and activity duration with a reasonable background
But if you don’t have enough budget, for the beginning you can choose the cheaper reportage (only make sure the spam score is low) and little by little increase the budget of reportage. You can also have a free blog account on blog services to write reportage but it is not guaranteed you receive enough organic traffic.
SEO is easy but the road is long, so you need to be patient to catch the first ranks in Google. We hope this article was helpful enough to somehow guide you on this road. However, if you need faster growth or further information, you can contact us to receive a perfect SEO consultant in this way or leave the whole SEO process to us. We guarantee SEO means your business development as soon as possible.
As an international SEO consultant, your role would be to help businesses optimize their websites and online content for global markets. This would involve researching and analyzing target audiences in different countries, identifying relevant keywords and phrases for those markets, and creating localized content that speaks directly to those audiences.